My name is Ariya Hidayat. I live in Mountain View, California.
My little spare time is spent running open-source projects:
- PhantomJS, headless WebKit for web page automation
Every now and then I also speak at various developer events.
I am well versed in various hardware and software technologies, from digital micro-electronics to client-side web stack. I have a strong academic background but the same time I am also hands-on and practical. Currently I am working as Director of Engineering at Shape Security. For more info on my professional work, refer to my public LinkedIn profile.
I was born in Indonesia, I grew up there. Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia) is my mother tongue. I do have full professional proficiency in English. I speak, read, and understand conversational German.
- Doctorate degree (with great honor) in Electrical Engineering from University of Paderborn (Germany)
- Master degree from Institute of Technology Bandung (Indonesia) with an exchange program with Technical University Munich (Germany)
- Bachelor degree (with honor) from Institute of Technology Bandung (Indonesia)
My name is easily pronounced. The approximate phonetic is /ərˈaɪə ˈhidəyət/.
Ariya is like Maria but without the initial M.
Hidayat is a sequence of:
- Hi as in hill without the final l
- da as in done without the final n
- yat as in yard without the r at all